In this episode, Janet and Nikki talk with personal trainer and Ayurvedic practitioner Andrea Claassen about how to use Ayureveda to enhance health and fitness.
- What Ayureveda is and how it’s more than just a physical yoga practice
- The three types doshas
- How to identify your personal dosha(s) and how to know if your dosha is in balance
- Simple ways to apply Ayurvedic principles to your life, even if you’re new to it (e.g. determining how to time meals, when to go to bed, ect)
- How to use Ayurveda to practice mindfulness and to listen to your body
- How to adjust Ayurvedic concepts to meet you where you’re at if the recommendations are overwhelming or don’t feel achievable
Andrea Claassen is a certified personal trainer, 200 hour registered yoga instructor and mindset shifter. Her mission is to help women learn to lift heavy, incorporate yoga, and find their favorite form of movement. She does this by teaching her Peaceful Power Practices centered around fitness, yoga and Ayurveda.
Andrea believes training is so much more than working out it truly is about helping you evolve your identity. To connect with Andrea, visit her website safiretraining.com or say hello on Instagram.