In this episode, Janet and Nikki talk with Joe Hook, CSCS and Director of Human Performance, about the science of stress and how stress can affect your workouts.
- A brief overview of how our bodies regulate stress
- The relationship between breathing and stress
- The differences between chronic stress and acute stress
- How lifestyle factors like sleep, nutrition and recovery can reduce or increase stress
- The effects of stress when you don't get enough recovery
- How your body responds to different kids of workouts and how that relates to stress
Ep 21: Joe Hook | Best strength training practices (part 1)
Ep 22: Joe Hook | Barefoot training, footwear and recovery (part 2)
About Joe Hook, CSCS, USAW
Joe is the Director of Human Performance for Real Human Performance (Cincinnati, Ohio). His background is in sports performance training, and he works with clients ranging from professional athletes to the average person. His training philosophy is rooted in improving movement patterns and stress resiliency.
For more information, visit his website at realhumanperformance.com or connect with him on Facebook or Instagram.