In this episode, Nikki and Janet chat with Pilates Adam McAtee about his experience teaching Pilates in both a clinical and fitness setting and how using critical thinking can help you create a better client experience.
- Internal versus external cuing and what types of cues will help your client become a better mover
- Why cues can't always keep someone safe
- How to assess which exercises might be better for a client
- The importance of asking questions and creating space for clients to own their movement
- Internal work that we can do to become even better teachers